Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hiatus, Part Deux

I cannot believe it is taking so long to renovate this basement. I mean, I knew it would be a lot of work and all that, but holy sweet Moses this is taking a long bloody time.

Lesley and I are off to camp for an extra extra long weekend. We leave tomorrow for the North Channel of Lake Huron, just west of Sudbury, and the blissful absence of basements. While this will push back the completion date of the reno, the break is much needed, and we are both really looking forward to it.

Tonight's task was yet another shopping trip to you-know-where. It was actually mostly successful for a change - I managed to get the flashing and vinyl moulding I need to clad and finish the basement windows' exterior. I also got the requisite screws for the flashing and adhesive for the moulding. Picked up a new pair of safety glasses while I was there too - mine are all scratched up, and I stepped on Lesley's the other day, so new ones were required - and some more 2.5" screws.

Booty

What I did not get was duct work. Not that they didn't have a plentiful supply of different ducting doohickeys, but they didn't exactly match up with what I'd remembered. The problem is, I need a catalogue of available pieces in front of me as I look up at the existing duct work so I can figure out what to use and how to use it. Unfortunately, Home Depot has no such catalogue, so I must rely on my memory, which is not unlike a sieve. I am, however, confident that the HVAC will eventually get modified.

Gotta go pack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment